Thursday, August 28, 2008

OCC: "American Hondas" - Part 1

So back in Spring, I stumbled across a couple classic Honda's on Ebay. The advertisement showed what appeared to be some grainy photos of Paul Teutul Sr. standing with two classic Honda motorcycles: A 1970 Honda CB750 and a matching 1970 Honda CB450.

d68d_2.jpg

The seller had zero feedback and ended late on a Sunday evening. The advertisement wreaked of fraud.

There was quite a bit of activity on the auction and I figured "What the hell! I know how to get myself out of these things...." so I signed up with my favorite bid sniper program and a few hours later, I won the auction!

On my lunch break the next day, I got the phone number from the Orange County Choppers home page and gave them a bell. After explaining the the situation to the receptionist, I was put on hold for about 5 mins, after which, she confirmed that it was a real auction. At the bank, I had the certified check made out to Paul Teutel Sr. himself as the bikes were part of his personal collection.

After speaking with the person handling the ebay auction for Mr. Teutel, the check was in the mail and the waiting began.

Apparently Paul Sr. was thinning out his heard to make room for some new bikes. I had hoped to either fly out there and meet him or at the very least get some photos of him sitting on the bikes, but because of his schedule, this was not to be. Maybe some day I'll have another chance. :)

The shipper contacted me tonight and said he was finally on the road and that the bikes will be here Tuesday. Time to get in the garage and make some room...

The pics from Ebay. Can anyone say "Photoshop"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment