Sunday, April 5, 2009

December STeed Maintenance (12/21/08)

Needed to perform the 16K Mile Maintenance on the ST-1300 so I shot up to my brother's house. Byron was kind enough to drive down from LA to instruct me in the ways of the Jedi...

Byron and Lee helping out:
002.jpg

We also mounted a rear tire that came off of Lee's VFR that still had some good tread left. It should allow me to run the rest of the front down. I'll need a new set for this year's WeSTOC trip, though.

I decided to test the tire plug kit I carry with me on the old tire. It's a good thing I did, as I found one of the tools too dull to be useful. (Used a grinder to sharpen it and it'll do the job now!). Would not have been fun to figure this out during an emergency!


011.jpg


Found a good alternative use for the bungies I keep on my rear seat:
008.jpg

Maintenance well under way:
003.jpg
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment